Our employment practices team serves clients ranging from small companies to global employers, in all manner of employment, occupational health and safety and labour relations related services.
- Liaising with trade unions in major restructuring projects related to liberalization of railway and electricity markets.
- Representing a board member of one of the biggest Latvian retail companies in employment and corporate commercial dispute with the company.
- Localization of employment agreements for international clients.
- Coordination of legalization of standard employment agreements of Latvian companies having foreign subsidiaries.
- Multiple cases of successfully serving as negotiator between client and claimant regarding unjust dismissal claims, resulting in out of court settlement averting risk of protracted expensive litigation for client.
- Successfully advising client on bulk transfer of employees upon business acquisition.
- Advising hotel chain on hotel manager contracts and representing same in collective bargaining with union.
- Employment contract negotiation and drafting
- Management contract severance
- Employer policy development
- Termination strategies, management of employee termination process to minimize employer risk
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Restrictive covenants, competition restriction issues
- Union, collective bargaining and collective agreement issues
- Retention policy development
- Collective redundancies
- Human Rights and discrimination claims
- Conducting in-house employment agreement compliance audits
- Occupational health and safety compliance, and related dispute resolution
Contacts related to the field