Our employment practices team serves clients ranging from small companies to global employers, in all manner of employment, occupational health and safety and labour relations related services, including company restructurings and employment disputes.
Transfer of employees and liaising with trade unions in major restructuring projects related to liberalization of railway and electricity markets.
Representing a board member of one of the biggest Latvian wholesale companies in employment and corporate commercial dispute with the company.
Representing one of Riga’s theaters in employment matters related to optimization of theater’s commercial operations, including dispute resolution.
Advising one of the major Latvian headhunting companies on employee hiring matters, including personal data protection.
Localization of employment agreements for a number of multi-national clients, including personal data protection matters.
Multiple cases of successfully serving as negotiator between client and claimant regarding unjust dismissal claims, resulting in out of court settlement averting risk of protracted expensive litigation for client.
Advising hotel chain on hotel manager contracts and representing same in collective bargaining with union.
- Employment contract negotiation and drafting
- Management contract drafting and severance
- Employer policy development
- Termination strategies, management of employee termination process to minimize employer risk
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Restrictive covenants, competition restriction issues
- Union, collective bargaining and collective agreement issues
- Transfer of employees during restructuring
- Retention policy development
- Collective redundancies
- Human Rights and discrimination claims
- Conducting in-house employment agreement compliance audits
- Occupational health and safety compliance, and related dispute resolution
- Personal data protection matters related to hiring, employment and dismissal
- Employment of board members of public companies