Our firm is renowned for its long standing expertise in energy and utilities, gained through more than 10 year experience in working with the major participants in the Latvian Energy & Utilities sector, including on matters of electricity and natural gas market liberalization and restructuring of respective monopolies, regulatory issues, competition, state aid and other matters.
- Legal advice to Latvian Ministry of Economy on drafting of amendments to the Energy Law on legal unbundling of natural gas monopoly.
- Legal advice to Latvenergo (state-owned electric company) during three stages of electricity market liberalization.
- Legal advice to Latvenergo and Augstsprieguma tīkli (electricity transmission system operator) on regulatory matters, including independence and asset management issues.
- Representing Latvenergo and Augstsprieguma tīkli (electricity transmission system operator) in administrative litigation related to setting of electricity transmission tariffs and final tariffs.
- Counsel to AS Latvijas Gaze in a dawn raid concerning a European Commission investigation over Gazprom contracts.
- Legal advice to Rīgas ūdens (Riga Water) in a major real estate litigation, EU funded infrastructure development projects and regulatory matters.
- Legal aspects of market liberalization
- Unbundling of industry monopolies into a group of companies, related corporate governance matters
- Infrastructure financing matters, including EU funds
- Regulatory matters, including independence and tariffs
- Competition and state aid matters
- Dispute resolution
- Dawn raid counsel
- Energy supply contracts
Contacts related to the field