Real estate & Construction
Our real estate team regularly provides services in property transfers, commercial and residential leases, property acquisition finance, property disputes, ‘best-use’ analysis, and regulatory issues. Our real estate team can also provide property management support ranging from accounting compliance to resolution of landlord and tenant disputes to audit of property management practices. We are also well versed in complex property restructuring litigation, such as contentious conversion of multi-owner undivided interests to single ownership of specific units, with multiple ownership remaining only in the common elements of the property.
We are able to utilize a multi-disciplinary approach, utilizing corporate, tax and risk management considerations.
- Legal assistance to the University of Latvia in public procurement procedures related to construction and construction supervision of new natural science study centre and campus in Tornkalns.
- Legal opinion for Latvian Ministry of Culture and a consortium of major Latvian construction companies on interpretation of FIDIC Red Book based agreement on construction of the iconic Latvian National Library.
- Legal assistance to SIA “Eiropas dzelzceļa līnijas”, Latvian shareholder of RailBaltica project, in Architectural Design Sketch Competition for reconstruction of Riga Central Railway Station and building of a new railway bridge over the Daugava river.
- Legal assistance to Daugavas stadions in public procurement procedures related to construction of new visitor podiums and development of surrounding areas of Daugava Stadium.
- Successful representation of a major anchor tenant in one of the main Riga shopping centres in a matter concerning negotiation over material modification to lease agreement and payment of insurance premium for fire accident.
- Drafting of shop-in-shop agreements for Sky&More shopping center in Riga.
- Representation of a major owner of real estate objects in Latgale in the sale of more than 10 real estate objects to a major retail shops chain.
- Providing on-going property management legal support to Italian Real Estate Investment Fund with respect to its exclusive Riga property.
- Construction agreements, including FIDIC agreements
- Transactions with real estate (sale, exchange, investment into share capital, etc)
- Property management
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Residential and commercial leases, including anchor tenant leases for shopping malls
- Estates disputes including real estate
- Partition applications for property owners
- Property damages claims for negligence
- Insurance disputes concerning property damage
- Co-owner dispute resolution and settlement
- Public procurement procedures related to Architectural Sketch Design competitions
- Public procurement procedures related to construction and maintenance of real estate objects
- PPP projects (construction and maintenance of roads, kindergartens, hospitals, infrastructure objects)