Transportation and infrastructure
Legal support to AS “Pasažieru vilciens” in organizing of procurement of the new passenger electric trains, evaluation of proposals and dispute resolution in the Latvian Procurement Supervision Bureau and administrative courts.
Advising Latvijas dzelzceļš (Latvian Railways) in all stages of railway market liberalization, including unbundling of infrastructure manager and cargo company as well as creation of independent provider of essential functions.
Advising Latvijas dzelzceļš (Latvian Railways) in drafting of multi-annual agreements with the Republic of Latvia.
Legal support to Latvian Ministry of Transportation in infringement procedure initiated by the European Commission on alleged incompliances with railway market liberalization requirements.
Drafting of amendments to Latvian Railway Law on independence of infrastructure manager and provider of essential functions.
Legal advice to Latvian Transit Business Association on matters related to alleged breach of the Republic of Lithuania in calculation of rail cargo transportation tariffs and related state aid matters.
Legal assistance to Eiropas dzelzceļa līnijas, Latvian implementation authority of RailBaltica project, in Architectural Design Sketch Competition for reconstruction of Riga Central Railway Station and construction of a new railway bridge over the Daugava river.
Legal assistance to Eiropas dzelzceļa līnijas, Latvian implementation authority of RailBaltica project, in drafting of Design&Build agreement for reconstruction of Riga Central railway Station and construction of a new railway bridge over the Daugava river based on FIDIC model agreement.
- Advising one of the leading global courier companies on cross border missing cargo case and business restructuring issues.
- Advising Riga International Airport on matters related to building and maintenance of a new airport terminal as well as amendments to system of airport charges (including state aid issues).
- Legal aspects of market liberalization
- Unbundling of industry monopolies into a group of companies, related corporate governance matters
- Infrastructure financing matters, including EU funds
- Drafting construction contracts, supply contracts, management contracts
- International trade issues, including tax and customs
- Real estate matters, particularly with respect to infrastructure development and maintenance
- Regulatory matters, including multi-annual agreements and tariffs