Zane Veidemane BērziņaPartner, Sworn-in advocate/ certified anti-money laundering specialist
- Banking and Finance, EU and Competition, Corporate.
- 2004 – present: “Kronbergs Čukste LEVIN ‘Attorneys at Law – partner
- 2007: secondment with Pinsent Masons (London)
- 2003-2004: European Citizen Action Service (Brussels), legal expert
AML for FinTechs, CAMS certificate, 2018
Major recent projects
- Provision of legal support to one of the leading energy companies in Latvia during the investigation by the European Commission of possible competition law abuses, including provision of legal support during the European Commission dawn raid.
- Provision of legal assistance in relation to transformation of AS “Latvijas Hipotēku un zemes banka” (Latvian Mortgage and Land Bank) with the aim to secure compliance with EU state aid rules. Legal assistance in the said case was provided by partner, attorney at law Zane Veidemane Bērziņa who took part in drafting the necessary document for submission to the European Commission as well as took part in meetings with representatives of the European Commission. Additional information is available at: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-13-705_en.htm.
- Provision of legal support to one of the biggest Latvian credit intuitions within the scope of implementation of innovative payment services compliant with requirements of the Second Payment Services Directive.
- Provision of legal support in the process of licensing of the very first licensed payment institution in Latvia as well as provision of ongoing legal support to the said payment institution within the scope of its daily business activities, including legal assistance in securing compliance with anti-money laundering requirements and compliance with requirements of the Second Payment Services Directive.
- Preparation and successful coordination with the European Commission of the state aid notification for the reconstruction of Daugavas Stadium. The total amount of the aid exceeds 47 million Euro.